The Listing Photo

The Listing Photo

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Movie Night on AF


I have been buying some DVD's from a guy who hangs out in front of Bojangle's. He sells them out of a suitcase, and although there are lots of guys on the street corners selling them, this one is a friend of a friend, and I felt that I could take one back if it didn't work, or had some problem with it. So I took a gamble and bought some. So far, one was in Spanish only (All 4 Rocky movies on one DVD) and one did not play at all, and this fellow exchanged them for me.
So, some nights, when tired of reading, I have had the chance to catch up on some of the movies that I have missed back home. They are not stolen, but definitely bootlegged. In addition to the Spanish subtitles, frequently characters that I think are Chinese have come on screen, so assume that is the origin of the bootleggers.

I took one back for exchange today since it did not play at all, and was hammered again with "New movies! New movies!", so I took up a pile and started sorting through. I watched one tonight.

We all remember the Seinfeld episode where Kramer has a chance to make some money by smuggling a video camera into a theater? Well, I just watched "The American" with Geo. Clooney, released in the US theaters last week, I think! It has traveled all the way to Central America, complete with Spanish subtitles, although this one had some Cyrillic characters pop up on the screen a couple of times. With bad sound, coughing in the background from people in the audience, the movie was dark and it was hard to understand what Clooney was saying, and I couldn't read the whole name on the credits because the thief was too close to get the whole screen into his shot. Oh, and the movie was just OK, in my opinion.

But what do you expect for 3 DVD's for 200 Limperas!

No comments:

Post a Comment