The Listing Photo

The Listing Photo

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Simpson Bay

Arrived and anchored in Simpson Bay, after passing through the bridge at its 530 pm opening yesterday. Anchorage is very roll-y and with the anchor alarm going off all night (All the boats are huddled together here, a little too close for my comfort), and rain showers passing, it was a very difficult night's sleep. I should be better rested than I am, before departure today, and would love to lay back down and sleep for another 2 hours but there is so much more to do, in order to depart today for, ultimately, Guatemala. The new plan is to stop at the island of Roatan, Honduras for one day, to pick up a package for friend Paul.

He also reports that when he departs Roatan Thursday, he will have to motor instead of sailing, and only travel in daylight hours, as there is apparently an incredible amount of large debris in the ocean after the Tropical Storm Agatha dumped so much rain. Whole trees are reported floating, and that is not something you want to strike in the dark under sail, or anytime, for that matter. I wonder where it will all be when I finally get there.

Time now to take a last ride over to Lagoonie's for a big breakfast, and throw out my last bag of garbage. Then 2 stops in town, and check out with Customs and Immigration.

Have several more emails to write as well, as well as trying to repair the SSB and testing it. And there is a lot of small things that still need stowing.

Will consider this my farewell post, and unless I add something later today, it may be assumed that I departed successfully. Probably mid afternoon will be the real time of departure. Heading Southwest for about 100 miles and then course is basically due west, although I think I will zig zag along probably, instead of straight down wind.

Love to all, and I should be back in touch in 2 weeks or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment