The Listing Photo

The Listing Photo

Friday, June 4, 2010

SXM Webcam - live

I am hastily preparing for departure now, and will exit the Lagoon via the Dutch side bridge in the next couple of days. There is a live webcam set up there, and although I will not be standing and waving as I pass by, if you are interested in viewing, the website is: www.heinekenregatta.com/webcam/ and I will post my departure time when I know it. Should be in the next couple of days or so - possibly Monday. I may exit early when the winds are low, since this is the first time I have passed through a bridge alone. ( I just looked at the webcam and they have it turned differently from what I had seen before, so, if it stays that way, you will only see AF from the stern as I pass out of the Lagoon.)

I should have added in my previous post that I cancelled my much anticipated trip to Alain's castle and Bernard's home. The steering was still not repaired. The problem in Pa was not on course for resolution, and the volcano in Iceland had erupted and shut down air traffic in Northern Britain, and I think, Germany, and I was terrified of getting stuck there, with AF vulnerable to a storm.

There is a Plan B though, and I am hoping now to depart from Guatemala, and visit Bernard. Alain will be on his boat in Corsica, and we may fly there to visit him for a bit, as well. At least the possibility of the trip is not off the table entirely, but I regret not going as planned. Bernard caught me on Skype one day last week, and told me the feast at Alain's was terrific and the castle is incredible.

So, again, not sure of exact date and time, but will be passing the webcam sometime in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment