The Listing Photo

The Listing Photo

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Dinner Invitations

I received 2 dinner invitations for this week, so have been a busy boy! New Year's Eve, at midnight, my taxi driver friend, Edgar called to send me New Year's greetings, and asked me to return to his home for dinner again. We agreed to Thursday which is 3 King's Night, and in many places in Latin America is a big celebration.
So Thursday night, Edgar picked me up at 7pm and took me to his home where we enjoyed a lot of rum and Cokes, a bottle of wine, good company and a wonderful meal, again prepared by his oldest daughter, Perla. Shrimp, beef steak, mashed potatoes and vegetables, followed by a piece of cake I had brought for the table. It was a very nice, and long night, as Edgar and I, alternately joined by either of his sons, or Perla's boyfriend, sat for several hours finishing the bottle of wine, the bottle of rum, and some beers. The next day was a quiet one for me, and when I saw Edgar next, he agreed that his had been quiet as well.
This is their Christmas tree, which was trimmed in the corner of his deck. Perla and her mom
The table after dinner -
Also, Jim and Norma, friends on s/v Mi'Lady had invited Paty and I for dinner there, and we agreed to Saturday night, instead of attending the cruiser's pot luck. Norma loves lasagna, but is too much to make for just the 2 of them. It was great.
We joined them about 530 for cocktails in the cockpit. Paty was in a playful mood - not too shy when around friends she likes!
My camera is just slow enough that after I clicked the button, Jim and Paty could duck out of sight. Nice friends, huh? 2 mischevous kids - that's what they are!
Does this really need a caption?
Norma hard at it in a very hot galley, preparing the salad - with a smile.

A certain white boat rat, named Rico, who is getting pretty friendly now, after ALWAYS barking when I approached their boat. Now, I get licks on my fingers, and yes, Rico was slipped a few scraps from my plate during dinner.

We returned to the cockpit after dinner for a smoke, while Norma dished out the ICE CREAM! Ooh, what a decandent luxury for those of us who live on boats!!!

A great dinner - great friends.

Life is goood!! And so was the lasagna!
To each, thank you for wonderful food and good times. I love my new life!

No comments:

Post a Comment