The Listing Photo

The Listing Photo

Monday, February 28, 2011

Felize Cumpleanos to me! 58 Years and still kickin'

As birthdays go, this has been pretty damned good. I remember my last, in St Marten, which was wonderful and spent with good, new friends.This year's has been spread over several days - with more to come, I think - and each fun in its own way.
Saturday was my birthday and also the cruiser's potluck BBQ here at Fantasy. So, I bought 2 carrot cakes to bring to the pot luck as my contribution. Laying on the beach all afternoon, baking I should add, the manager here, Marianella, came by and told me she was bringing her two girls so spend some of the day here, and would I take them for another dink ride and play with them.
I forgot all about them. After baking on the beach, I walked over to my dock, put a better shirt on, and picked up the 2 cakes, plates, cutting knife, etc. and set off for the 'marina green'. As I passed the pool, to beautiful little Latina faces jumped out at me, from the pool, and I remember my obligation. Dropped off my 2 cakes for the cruisers, and headed back to AF to get the dink and ride over to the beach where my 2 little friends waited with their nanny. I rode them over to the cruiser's BBQ for a picture - proof that I was with 2 beautiful Latin ladies, but alas, very young. They enjoy the ride in the dink, but even more, they like to play a game with my hand pump. They fill it with sea water, I say it is broken, putting my finger in the hole, and when I put my face in to see what the problem is, one of them pumps water into my face, 'surprising' me. It gets a laugh every time.

So, although not perfect, my birthday was pretty nice.
Nice dates, huh??
When I was done playing with the girls, I returned to the BBQ to find that most of the food was gone, but Jerry and Annie shared a spare chicken breast with me, I had 2 different pasta salads, a piece of my carrot cake.
When I arrived, friend Joyce made sure that I got a happy birthday sung to me, and she had also bought a delicious rum cake for me as well. My time with the girls had messed up her plan, but she saved me some cake so I had TWO pieces.
Thank you so much, Joyce. (Paul departed for the States that morning for his next spinal surgery, but not before presenting me with a great LED light strip that I hope will work in my galley. Thanks, Paul.)
Sunday morning, Skip returned from Brick Bay, and surprised me with another cake that he asked Morris Johnson to bake for me. He said Morris was happy to be doing for me, and I am sure that I have made another friend here on Roatan.
This one I shared with more of the workers here who have become friends, than I was able to with the others, but there was enough that night to offer some to Skip, Jean-Marie, the guy who is head of security and who's name I cannot remember for the life of me, and Edsel, local guy who is boat sitting 2 boats behind me. Later, taxi driver Edgar showed up - I think he can smell free rum and Cokes - and had the last piece.

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment