The Listing Photo

The Listing Photo

Sunday, October 11, 2009

3 Weeks to Go


I drove down early this am so I could get to the Annapolis Boat Show today, and buy some LED light bulbs. My back is killing me tonight from all the standing and walking. Also ordered 2 solar panels to be shipped this week here to Baltimore.
Great news Friday night. Accepted an offer on my home in Rosslyn Farms, and hopefully the deal will go thru and close Nov.12th. Great job, Maggie! Still have problems setting a closing date for the rental properties.
Taking Annah Foster to Annapolis tomorrow, where I will anchor out, and take her in early Tuesday morning for a haul out and bottom paint. Was going to work on the dink while this was going on, but now, I have to run back to Pittsburgh so my brother is coming down to bring me back to the car in Baltimore.

Lots and lots to do, but slowly the list is getting smaller - and truth be told, I am leaving whether it is all done or not. Picture of my home above.
My parents bought this house from Ray and Alice Cathcart in November 1955, and raised my brother and I here, as well as making room every summer for Nancy to come out from Philly. It was a wonderful home; not because of its size or construction, but because Mom and Dad made it a wonderful home, full of love, and laughter, sacrifice, and wealth. I will miss her in many ways, and wish the new owner as much happiness there as we had. Both Dad and Mom died in the bedroom where they slept together for about 50 years. Dad said he always wanted it to look like a little cottage in the country. And 6 miles from the Hilton Hotel and Point State Park! The lasting mark we have left are the hand prints in the concrete of the garage dated 1956. I was 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment