The Listing Photo

The Listing Photo

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Shuttle-ing back and forth from Pgh to Balt

Well, I arrived at the marina in Baltimore last night after midnight, and proceeded to haul 3 loads from the old Jeep. Got to bed around 245 and up before 8am to move car, or it would be ticketed. 50+ mph winds buffetting the boat today, and it is actually too windy to work above decks, so I am stowing what I have brought with me. (Where am I going to put all this stuff???) The salon was full of boxes when I arrived, full of stuff I have bought online these past weeks, including a shipping tube with a 9 ft aluminum pole to mount my new wind generator and many sq yards of canvas products to sew a new bimini top someday. The pump I bought to change oil was NOT shipped and that was something to do today.

The holds are filling up fast, and I have not bought food and beer and wine and liquor YET. Everyone I know here is wondering where my water line will be when I have everything loaded aboard. My friend Wes suggested I just convert to a small container ship, and stow it all on deck. Most of my clothes are aboard, and now I find that I have to pack to go back home, instead of vice versa. I am really looking forward to throwing away the cold weather stuff, and pray that I won't even need to bring it to the boat, although I did buy some longjohns at WalMart the other day. The set I bought before last winter's trip to St Maarten were life savers, since it was 39 degrees the day we left in about 30 kt winds.

Getting close now. Just a few weeks to go. What will I forget to do, or buy, or fix? Oh, well. Gonna go, right or wrong, so no sense worrying.

No comments:

Post a Comment