The Listing Photo

The Listing Photo

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Nothing like living next to an airport

Every now and then, when the wind is right, an enterprising pilot comes over to my side of the island to take off, with a load of tourists aboard. He gives rides - tours of the island and the like and I hear that it is fairly expensive. There was a similar, but smaller plane doing the same on Key Biscayne when I was there, and I regret not stopping in one day to take a ride, as I think I could have talked the guy into at least letting me take it off, or even perhaps, landing, since he advertised his business as 'giving lessons' as well as tours.

Anyway, this is the first time that I have had the camera near when he took off, and I have never heard him coming in to land, so probably will not get that video.

Anyway - another look at my life on Roatan.

No comments:

Post a Comment