The Listing Photo

The Listing Photo

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Hummers, Turkey Day, and House Cleaning

Once again, I have loaded the photos in reverse order, so sorry. Here is the story in reverse then....
Miss Carol returned yesterday to wash down the walls, wood work, and ceiling in the salon, and then oiled all of the wood so it is bright and shiny for Rosemary's visit. I pick her up at the airport at 4pm, and still have so much to do - including baking her a birthday cake to be served at today's pot luck. I also have to make some dish to bring along. Thanksgiving Day was great. I counted 28 heads at one point but have no idea how many really attended. All the folks on boats tried to outdo each other and brought their favorite turkey day dishes.
The marina donated 2 giant Butterball turkeys.

And Dr. Lou donated a huge ham, which we gobbled up in sandwiches the next day at lunch, along with all the other leftovers. That's Lou getting it ready to slice.

And here he is cooking it at one of the grills here.

Finally took the camera up with me to snap some pics of my hummers coming in for a feed. It seems I have a pair and one extra male feeding here. And then there are the bats drinking all night long.

I snapped these at dusk so the light is not so bright to show the beautiful colors in the feathers.

So that's a quick look at life the last few days here. Hope to post something every day while Rosemary is visiting. In fact may turn the blog over to her so she can give you her impressions of my life, and Roatan.






No comments:

Post a Comment