The Listing Photo

The Listing Photo

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Roatan Halloween

Yeah. 3rd World Country. And Halloween? In Roatan's West End, the bars were full of partiers. A friend took me out for the night, and I must say, what struck me most was how many party supplies and costume stuff are available. And the locals who spend their money to be able to dress up and party (I went as an old, fat American tourist!) Was a great night.

At the Twisted Toucan, the manager, Ryan, friend Jane, and owner danced hard all night long.
Cobwebs, pumpkins and even a couple of scary spiders decorated the place for several days. The owner told me she would close the next day and have a private party for her kids and any friends who wanted to come.


Folks wandered from bar to bar, returning where the music or crowd was best, all night long.



Michael Jackson - alive and living in Roatan - and dancing with a female Dracula.



At Foster's, one of the owners is - ready for this? - a Pittsburgher and, of course, Steeler fan (and Pirates and Pens fan, too!)




Does the Steeler wig look familiar to any of you back home?



Had a great night. Wrote to my family back home, asking if they could imagine me dancing to techno, heavy metal, and the like? Kinda hard to imagine? Had a GREAT night, and we shut the place down.
Happy Halloween, late.

No comments:

Post a Comment