The Listing Photo

The Listing Photo

Monday, November 29, 2010

Sunday in Paradise......


Feeding the watusi (sp?) right at Dennis' dock. These little rodents are cute and locally are like rabbits.

Oh Lordy, I look rather ticked off here, but that isn't the case at all....

Meet Skip, Dennis' dock neighbor.

Meet Will. He is another single cruiser in the group. His last port was Dominican Republic. He is already charting his next island hop.

I really am going to have to pay more attention to when Dennis is taking pictures! The three of us solved the world's problems that afternoon on the beach.

Back on Annah Foster, we were both trying to snap a picture of the bats coming to the hummingbird feeder. Neither camera was fast enough to catch a bat at the feeder! However, between the two of us we probably had ten pictures of the feeder hanging in the dark.
Well Sundays are a day of rest for most venues on the island. Our morning was spent reading, feeding the watusis', sippin' tea and relaxing. We walked around the Fantasy Island. Duh, I didn't connect the dots when we came over a bridge to the resort. The resort is on a tiny 22 acre island.
Returning to AF, we packed up our beach stuff and walked over to the outdoor restaurant of the resort for lunch. Then it was beach time. For a resort with 200 rooms, there are only 26 in use right now and they seem primarily to be scuba divers in that we had the beach to ourselves.
The water is clear and warm. For those of you who do not know, I had iLasik surgery done on Nov. 18th. I had thought to ask about the plane ride, but not about diving. Once the surgery was complete, my doctor asked where I was going. I excitedly said, Roatan Island, to visit a friend, to snorkel and scuba dive. It was then that I was told not to dive under any circumstances and be VERY careful even swimming. It is too soon to be getting water in my eyes, particularly lake/ocean water due to the bacteria! Ouie vey! I was excited because I would be able to see things more clearly under water! Now I have to come back! Roatan Island is an amazing destination for diving.
The rum and cokes started some time in the afternoon after lunch. I met some other friends of Dennis' who are locals and work at the resort. Rocky, who you are read about a week ago, works here at the resort. Rocky seems to really like Dennis and not just consider him another rich cruiser from the States. Rocky called me off the beach to show me a woodpecker (yellow breasted?) that comes to the restaurant. According to Dennis there used to be LOTS of these woodpeckers, but we decided they migrate because only the one appeared.
Skip joined us on the beach and rhum and koke number two was delivered to my lounge chair. The sun was hot, it is very humid here and taking refuge in the bay was fantastic. Skip called me to go feed the peacocks peanuts. These huge, beautiful birds come right up to you waiting for their treats! Reminded me of two large, spoiled dogs I have back home. We also saw the iguanas walking around. Of course I had to take a picture of wild iguanas since the only ones I've seen are pets.
So now Dennis is dancing back to our beach chairs with the third schrum and cooks! I haven't had that many drinks in a month, let alone in the space of an afternoon. However, I didn't refuse any drinks.
Once the sun started setting we took some pictures and sauntered back to AF. It was at that point I realized how many schrum and kooks I had enjoyed. :-) Oh I walked just fine and navigated climbing back onto AF. We both cleaned up a bit, getting the salt water off, kicked back on the deck. D then cooked up some beans with corn and weenies for dinner. It was good to get food back in my system ---- bring on the rum and cokes!
After dinner we attempted to take pictures of the bats at the hummingbird feeders. Dennis found a CD he has with Uncle Foster (his dad) singing in a play, talking and telling jokes on a local radio station back in the day. It was great to hear Foster's voice again and hear him laughing at his jokes before he got them totally told. For those of you who do not know our parents all passed away within three years -- Daddy died in October 2004, Mother and Foster in March 2006 and Annah Margaret in October 2007. It felt like we were back in Rosslyn Farms sitting in one of our family rooms and Foster was entertaining us with his jokes and slight of hand.
A good day and you know I slept like a baby. We could have been in the middle of a raging storm and I would have slept. :-)
Today we are headed to the zip line. It is another good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment