The Listing Photo

The Listing Photo

Friday, February 5, 2010

For Anna and Andrew


This is a special blog post, just for my niece's two wonderful children, Anna and Andrew.
UD - Uncle Denny to those of you out of the family - snapped these pictures today. Nothing special, except a bit of celebrating that I am living this new life. The weather has been almost perfect for the last couple days, and as I was departing AF, I decided to stop and take a couple of pictures of her - here is one - and thought the you two - Annah and Andrew - might like to see where UD is today. There is no snow to play in here. Just hot, sunny days, like when we went to your pool last summer. And I hear that Anna is getting the mail now at your new house, which is a very important job to have, so I must buy a postcard and send one to you, and one to Andrew.This picture turned out better than expected. When I arrived here, the water was very cloudy, and has continued to clear. This is the bottom, from 15 ft above. I took a bit of a swim today and for the first time, bothered to check my anchor. It is buried deep in the sand. Did you know that UD is back in the same place that he was when he bought your T-shirts last year, with the funny pictures of the fish. I have seen other people wearing the same ones and I think of you guys every time. This is an old sailboat that sailed past me the other day, during the schooner races here. I took the picture for my friend Mike, who lives up near your great-grandmother in Millersville. He also has an old sailboat, too.

On my way to the store in my dinghy, I spied this old boat which is stuck in the mud. Can you believe that? Someone got their boat stuck in the mud, and just left it there and went home. So, can you find the bird in this picture? She is sitting on the prow of this old boat. She is a pelican. She is cleaning her feathers, with her big bill. I wonder how she can do that so easily because her bill is so big. Do you guys know how a pelican catches her fish? The bottom of her beak is a big pouch, that stretches out so she can carry more than one fish, if she wants. She can take them home and eat them later, just like UD picking up Chinese dinner and bringing it to your house to eat at your table with you. Do you think she would share her fish dinner with you? Do you WANT her to share her dinner with you? Yuck!
And this picture is a white crane, who was busy searching for fish to eat, in the shallow waters near shore. She was doing very well and catching a LOT of fish, so it was hard for UD to take a picture, when she was standing still. She wouldn't stop, and smile and say CHEESE for me. Her belly must have been getting full.
I heard today that Anna is 4 and 1/2 years old now, and taking reading lessons, and so I asked her what a hard word was that she had learned, and she told me, "BOOK". And I agree. That is a very hard word to learn, when you are taking reading lessons. I am glad that you learned it, though, and I want you to keep learning new words to read.
And Andrew and I talked on the phone, too, and he told me that he is TWO. Wow.
So, I know that playing in the snow is a lot of fun, but for me, playing in the water is a lot of fun too. I miss you guys, and love you very much. And I know that you are coming to see me sometime, even if it means you get to fly on an airplane. They are fun, too, and it is very exciting to fly. Ask your Pappy.
Love - UD

No comments:

Post a Comment