The Listing Photo

The Listing Photo

Friday, January 22, 2010

For Denise

My niece, Denise, emailed today to ask me to post a picture of me wearing my new necklace, so here it is for you, Denise. I am not so photogenic under normal conditions, but you should know that I had to take about 20 pictures to finally accept this crummy one. Hair a mess, and needing a shave, and phew, if you could smell me!! Might have one taken of me tomorrow, in the sunlight, and after a shower!
Denise and husband, Erik have just moved from Maryland to York, Pa, and I am sure are busy making the new house, a new home. I am very excited for them, and know the kids, whose picture is at the bottom of the blog page, are having fun in their new digs.
Just to update what I am doing: The solar panels and wind generator SHOULD be fully functional tomorrow. I have hired a young French guy to assist me; he claims to be an electrician, among other things, so we shall see if his skills match his mouth. The steering continues to stump me a bit, but I am slowly progressing, I think. Will work on the electrics tomorrow and then back to steering. Mike, the electrician and I travelled today to the different supply houses for connectors and some additional wire and to Ace Hardware, where I bought some fittings and tubing for the hydraulics.
I am excited that I will be making 12 volt soon. Not sure the noise from the generator will be acceptible, though. But the solar is very quiet!
The other morning, when I was trying to get some extra sleep after another late night out, someone was close to my boat and whistling at me. Mostly a wolf whistle, but also one to get your attention. I could not figure where it came from. Later, I dinked over to a beautiful trawler anchored very close - I posted a pic of it a few posts back for friend, Bart - and called for the owner/captain. "Is it posssible that you have a bird on board?" I asked. "Yes, we have a parrot up on the second deck." So that solved the mystery of the wolf whistles. The bird has been on one of their boats for 18 years, and 10 on this one, and seems to have free reign of this 2nd deck, as I see him moving on the roof of his cage and over to a wooden stand they have for him. He is still up tonight and whistling, so is time to cover his cage, I think. They have a cute puppy aboard as well.
For Denise and all - I am so proud of and happy for you. And looking forward to your visit some day, when you can make the time. UD

No comments:

Post a Comment