The Listing Photo

The Listing Photo

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Updates

Windy, roll-y night ahead, with the rudder swinging into its stops, as the hydraulics are disconnected still. This is going to be a long night I think, and if if makes you feel any better, those back there at home in the cold, it is also raining from time to time, sometimes quite hard. But, on to good news.

The wind generator is installed along with two 75 Watt solar panels, and THEY WORK! Not happy at all with the installation of the solar panels, but this is my first attempt and I was hesitant about what I really wanted. It think they might be better on top of the bimini, but these are on the davits, for now. They are small, and the controller has room for 3 more of this size, I think. I will post a picture or 2 when I can climb the mizzen a bit to get a picture looking down.

The French electrician was playing with my camera and snapped this one so I have posted it as is better than the last of the new necklace! Ha! But I still needed a shave and bath, and I am sure smelled just as bad as in the last.

I also ran into Davina at a beach club tonight, and her friend snapped this pic of us. She has spent 3 days provisioning with her new captain, and they depart St Martin tomorrow. Taking the southern route, to Panama. I will probably beat them there, as they will island hop for quite a while, I think.

Inspired by Davina, and was already cleaning up after the electrical work, today continued and I washed the wood down in the aft cabin. There are parts of it that I have not seen for a couple months, and the mildew was starting to grow! The boat is slowly emptying of its packages. And after the wash, I applied wood polish as well, and it is pretty shiny back there now.

I also stopped at the trawler with the bird, mentioned in the last post, to ask a question, and was invited aboard for a cup of tea as they ate their breakfasts. Very nice Germans, who are Canadians, now. They departed almost immediately, but will return in a day or 2, and I hope to take a couple pictures of the interior for Bart, as well as getting some particulars. The boat was custom built for them in Brazil. He intentionally painted the hull "battleship grey" to keep the bad guys away, and the boat has a fishing trawler and very commercial looking exterior.

So, that is the latest from St. Martin.

1 comment:

  1. Great picture of you and Davina together. It's nice to know she cares about the elderly.

    ReplyDelete