The Listing Photo

The Listing Photo

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

As Erik says - Is GREEN energy

Below, are 2 pictures of my new solar panel and AirX wind generator installation. I am not happy with the solar panel install, but will fine tune it as I figure out what it should look like. It appears that in a decent wind, I will now only have to run my diesel generator every other day, to top the batteries off, and to cool down the refridgerator and freezer, which are still 110V AC and require too much power to use an inverter. The panels are Kyocera 75 Watt each and I can add 3 more of that size to this controller. I also had the starboard side (left in the picture) post changed to add another AirX, if I choose, or another brand, perhaps to compliment this one. The good news is that there are now about 4 boxes in the trash bin, instead of taking up space in the Vberth, forward. Slowly, I am getting things straightened out, and projects are moving forward. However, today, the winds and swell, again, are too much to do any productive work aboard. And you have a good picture of what I see each day from my back porch. Water is beautiful and so is the landscape ashore.
I stopped at Bernard's on the way in, and found that my friend, Jean has returned from France, to find that his boat has been ransacked. Not much stolen, at first glance, but the mess is big, and he said he is glad that Josieanne was not here to feel the violation of the break in. What a shame. My first package has arrived from the US, and I am learning about shipping economics. Will not do that again, I think, with the cost of shipping. But, I needed what it contains, and will have to consider it a lesson learned.
Another day in semi-paradise. Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment