The Listing Photo

The Listing Photo

Monday, April 26, 2010

Alone

Took by buddy Bernard to the airport today, via my tender, to fly home to France. Bumped into a girl who worked for a charter company by Lagoonie's whom I have known now for 3 months or so, and she was flying on the same flight. Christine and Angie are gone, as of yesterday. Bob left over a week ago. Graham, and mate, Dave, have been gone for weeks. I am not sure where Ellison is, as his boat is not where he has had it anchored. All of my playmates have left, except for Claire and Michael, my German friend, and of course, Sam, who now lives on a different clock than most folks, going home when most are getting the coffee started.

As I rode back from the airport on the dink, I felt alone. Maybe even lonely. Claire and I had supper together this evening, to console each other, as her mom and dad departed on the same plane as Bernard. But, it is not enough. Time to move on, I think. But, must continue with the legal problems, and have the trip to France coming in just a couple weeks. And then, I must go. Time to find a new group of friends.

1 comment:

  1. Well, you are never totally alone as there are those of us who follow along with you on your blog. Are you flying to France or sailing? Have you been able to repair all your things? We have termites and have to have it treated . Not exactly where I wanted to spend the money. We have to open our pool which is always a test! We never know what we will find in it or if the machines will start up. States had somereally bad weather last weekend. a tornado went across the whole state of Mississippi. One of my sewing friends lives in Yazoo city wher it started and destroyed a good part of the town. Fortunately she and her family were spared. Lindsey is a meteorologist and works part time in Bowling Green ,KY and they had some bad stuff go by them but no damage. She worked 16 hours straight as they have to constantly update. She is working on a second Masters in commuications as it will allow her to teach at the college level . She was a TA when at Miss. ST. and really enjoyed teaching. She says it is a problem liking to do 2 things as which way will she go. I said maybe you will be able to do both! I can'tremember if it costs you to read this so will stop. Remember you saying something(email , maybe) cost a lot to get?? Let me know so I pass along my messages in the right place. Take care and remember we all are looking up at the same moon, maybe that will be comforting.

    ReplyDelete