The Listing Photo

The Listing Photo

Friday, April 16, 2010

Tick off number 9






I am into the Lagoon. Now, have anchored 9 times. How about that! Came in today at the 230 opening, with a crowd of other boats, as the Bay is a terrible place to be right now.
Unfortunately, I had to steer by hand to port, and steer by auto pilot to starboard to get in. And in 22 knot winds! Was a bit hairy for me, and even though I deserved a nice cocktail or 2 to celebrate, I don't drink much when alone here, so will have one with Bernard and Claire tomorrow, perhaps.
Will post a couple pictures of where I am exactly, but if you use Google Earth, you can put in the Lat and Lon - 18 - 03.07N 63 - 05.97W.
The first image shows where I was in the bay, and centered on my new location. Second image is zoomed in a bit, and third is zoomed in more. What is commonly called Explorer Island is on the left. The small beach on the eastern part of the island is where we had a BBQ party over a month ago, with the bonfire and music. The land to the right is the place where I tried to take photos of the goats that roam there and climb many evenings to the top of the rock outcropping, but the pictures were blurry. I called it Goat Mountain at the time, or something similar, but the common name for it is Witch's Tit - (Sorry Davina! - She doesn't like that sexist name at all.)
Right now Bernard is borrowing my camera to document the condition of Narvalo before his supposed departure on Sunday. (With the volcanic ash shutting down most of Europe's airports, I don't think he will be departing Sunday.)
Will think this steering trouble through, and talk to the experts on Monday. What I think is wrong, should not be wrong, as the part is new, so perhaps I have reached my level of expertise. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment