The Listing Photo

The Listing Photo

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Happy Easter!

I have been very busy for several weeks, and have failed to post anything here, and for those of you who check regularly, I apologize.
One of the things that consumed my days, when I had internet, was working on a new Facebook account. I am not certain that I like Facebook. It seems to be a lot of work, and I am not one to just put something about my day up on the "Wall" as some do. But, I will continue to use it and decide if it is worth the work. I have enjoyed reconnecting with some friends - some very, very old, like Doug Schutte, with whom I went through much of grade school. Davina has a page and I find that we communicate more using Facebook, with a quick couple of lines, instead of a long and detailed email. She is in Panama and flying to the DR to get on another boat. Even Aussie buddy Graham has a page. He departs SXM today, and will leave the boat in Granada, and fly to London, and then Thailand.

My brother has scanned and posted almost 200 photos of growing up in Rosslyn Farms, as well as his home and family, hunting, and flying photos. It was a pleasure to go through his album. (Search Foster Doak for his Facebook account.)

Several good things to note here. First of all - Happy Easter. It is the day to celebrate the whole foundation of our faith, but, as with Christmas, many forget why we get the day off from work, eh?

My ribcage problem seems to be getting better, slowly, although when I overdo it here, I feel it that night and the next day. Ibuprofen is doing a fine job managing the trouble.

And most important, I hired a 3rd fellow to finish my steering work, and as of this moment, I steer, although, there is still a lot of air in the lines, to be bled. And, unfortunately, there could be a bigger trouble with the hydraulic ram, which may require rebuilding or even the purchase of a new part. Will know more tomorrow, I think. The important thing is that the lines are in place and connected - one fitting has a small leak and requires a good tightening, but when I turn the wheel, the rudder turns the correct direction for the first time in over 3 months.

Many more things to post, but will stop here with this good news. I did want to wish everyone a Happy Easter, and touch the high spots in my life, although there are many more things to write about here.

No comments:

Post a Comment