The Listing Photo

The Listing Photo

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I Dotta Really Bad Told

Woke up a couple of days ago with the burn and itch of a good common cold starting - sore throat tickle, sinus burn and pressure, watery eyes - the whole package. I started on antibiotics immediately since I know that my smoker's lungs are already inflamed and do not want them to become infected. Yes, I know that doctor's do not agree with this, but my experience says it will protect the lungs from bad infection. But I cannot find on AF any antihistimine or expectorant, which surprises me, as I emptied a lot of drawers and medicine cabinets into bags and brought them here. Perhaps I did a better job of sorting them than I think, and threw out what was already opened, thinking I would never need it.

I am pondering a new hair cut, or other options. Have decided that I cannot continue to pay for haircuts in the long run, so I am considering my options. I bought an electric razor thing, and could give myself a buzz cut, but will look fatter, and round faced if I do that. It is a very common choice of cruisers - both men and women, who all look a bit like concentration camp prisoners, except for tans and smiles, of course. I could pay for another hair cut. I could let it grow out into a pony tail. A 4th option came up the other day at lunch with Claire, as the waitress offered to give me free dred locks. Kinda like that idea, but will have to forstall a decision for now, as the hair is not long enough yet to do that. Also, I still hope to visit France and I think it would be better for me to look more traditional, so will probably opt this time for another $20 haircut.

Looking in the mirror yesterday, after my shower, and trying to figure out how to make this long, straggly mess look better, I noticed something. It seems like just a couple years ago when friend Bart accused me of dying white wings into my hair, which was false, of course. But he was right - I had 2 very distinct and balanced white wings - sort of like Pauly had on the Sopranos, but not so long and obvious. Yesterday I noticed that they have gone almost and have blended into the rest of my hair, as it all has turn grey, and now my whole head matches. I am mostly grey now, I think, as well as having a lot of scalp showing through. I am getting old.

Have just Googled the French words for decongestant and antihistimine, and will dink in to the store to look for some remedy for this cold, as I feel like - well you know how I feel. It's no fun being sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment