The Listing Photo

The Listing Photo

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Whah. Whah. Whah.

I have been a doing a lot of complaining for the last week or so, about this anchorage. It has been a real pain, and, now that I can steer ( I hope) I look forward to moving AF into the Lagoon for a while, to do some work that requires a more stable place than this. The winds seem to be dieing down some and the waves are more and more calm, with only an occasional big roll or slap on the hull, but this morning I had the bright idea to try to capture a bit of video to show you what I am whining about.



About a week ago, I met a wonderful young couple, who had just arrived here. They are true cruisers, living in the most basic of environments, and with little money to spend. They both have a terrific attitude, and quite unabashedly asked where they could buy food cheap, or perhaps where was there food that was too old or damaged to sell, that might be given to them. The kind of folks that you don't mind helping out. XXXX is from Brazil, I think, and speaks good enough English to translate into XXXXXXs ear almost as I speak. He has very little English, and perhaps is from Argentina. A swimming coach/instructor. And she, a veterinarian.


I invited them out to AF for a swim and spaghetti dinner on Easter afternoon, and asked Bernard and Claire along. Bernard chose not to come, as we were dining a bit late for him. Claire brought along her sweet little puppy, Lilly, whom I adore, and have known now long enough to see that she is growing up. We teach her to enjoy the water, but I think the salt bothers her nose. Below, she finds shelter and shade under one of my padded seats in the cockpit after a short swim.


Claire and the old fat man goof around. I hosted my friends today for a quick drink, and they asked me to remove their photos from the internet, as it might create some problem back home. So, have just removed all evidence!

We all had a pretty good day, and I am glad to have helped them out a bit. They are both so nice, always positive and big smiles. I am planning on taking them to the Dutch side soon on the dink so they can see what they are missing staying here on the French.
As a friend recently reminded me, I AM in paradise, so what am I complaining about! So the anchorage is rough, and it rains for a few days! Life IS good!

1 comment:

  1. Hey sweetie! Nice to catch up on your adventure through your blog. Love the photo of Christina and nice to see Ellison and his girlfriend, they look happy. love ya darlin
    Davina

    ReplyDelete