The Listing Photo

The Listing Photo

Thursday, November 19, 2009

After My Last Post, It Occurred to Me

At the bottom of the page (if you scroll all the way down) are some pictures of AF. They are part, I believe of the photos that Mike took for selling her on the internet. Well, I was accused, sometimes directly, and sometimes subtly, of overloading AF, prior to my departure. Since I was leaving with everything that I owned, save a couple of containers gone to NC for storage, yes, it was loaded. (Truthfully, I watched the water line carefully, and also knew something others didn't: There are several storage spaces - some big spaces - with nothing in them, that I know others have packed full on their Morgan 46's). But I thought it might be appropriate to show you what she looks like inside, right now.

Below is a photo, looking aft, of the aft berth (you can compare it to the one at the bottom of page). You will see the folding bike strapped securely to the ladder to go up to the back porch(Anna and Andrew liked to climb it when they would visit), and below it you can make out the silver diving tank that I just purchased in Norfolk. You can see the white plywood mattress platform raised up- it has some cutouts that are a bit confusing in the pic, and the white pipe going up is not a stripper pole, but the emergency tiller, coming down from the deck above. There was plenty stored on the starboard (on your left) mattress and the center mattresses before my troubles started, and there were 2 blue mattresses filling the space as well, and I had to tear it all apart when the hydraulic line failed, throwing stuff everywhere, to get that plywood raised up. On the left is a large brown box with ONE of my new 12 volt fridge systems, and underneath that is a box with 2 solar panels. BTW, this is after I cleaned up some.

Below is the salon, looking forward with the ladder to the cockpit at your right shoulder and nav station on the left. I have a bag for trash hanging in the way, but you can see the floor filled, as I placed easy to eat food in a laundry basket there, as well as changes of clothes - both for cold and warm weather- in case I had to change quickly en route. Looking forward you can barely make out the door on the right, open into the forward head and the V-berth.
Below is the V-berth and the door to the head is cracked open (and will not close because the stuff has shifted and is pushing against it) You might make out that it is piled about shoulder height. As is the v-berth, which contains the other 12 volt fridge system, enough canvas to re-make all of the bimini and more, a box of rolled up charts, my keyboard and a beer case of music. Jeeze, what else? The new wind generator is there and oh, the SPARE radar external unit is also boxed up in there. And lots more. Hiding behind that hideous green striped cushion, you would see a cargo net over a very large pile of 'stuff', firmly lashed to some small cleats I installed before leaving.

So, that is a look of AF, underway, and with all these systems un-installed. My niece claims that they are coming to visit someday soon, so I will have to get busy and get these things installed, to make some room for them.
An aside: The earliest I can ever remember going to Rehoboth Beach for vacation, I remember my mom making toast over the gas burner on the stove. I didn't give it a thought. And last year at this time, Joyce made toast many mornings for me for breakfast, while we were en route to St Maarten on Paul's boat. So tonight I thought I would try it. Well, my hat is off to you, Mom and Joyce, for your patience and care. It was not so successful for me.
More later. Time to eat - cake.


2 comments:

  1. Actually, it looked like you cleaned up the place since Baltimore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right Denny...what a mess! But, then, the cleaning up is what keeps us "cruisers" busy when we are at anchor (some more than others if you get my drift)...yes? And, keep trying on the toast...yes, a little patience? Ha ha ha!!!

    ReplyDelete