The Listing Photo

The Listing Photo

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Killing Time

Got up this morning, and made my usual coffee (Does anyone else think it is easier, and faster, to make it in the coffee maker, vs. a french press?Messy to clean up, gets cold while waiting the 5 minutes for "brewing", and I know that glass thing is going to break one of these days.) Checked weather, and I am wondering if Friday afternoon might be a better time than Saturday morning. Wrote Paul, but he must be sightseeing today. No reply yet.
So, what to do today. I moved the dink onto the stern, and it just isn't right there (How do you get an 11 ft boat into an 8 ft space?), so I moved it to the bow deck. Looks better there, but I know that the waves are going to want to remove it for me. I just don't know which is better. Boiled a big pot of water and made pasta, with a small glass jar of Ragu and a bag of my own sauce. It will be my 'stew' to eat enroute, cold, if necessary. Then I fried up 2 packs of breakfast sausage I had bought in Balt., and can refridgerate them and eat on bread. Again, cold.
Diane called last night and will take me with her shopping around 10 tomorrow, and I might make a beef stew when we get back. She sounds hurried though so I cannot mess about, and ask for too much. So kind of them to offer, to begin with.
Made some calls today, to say goodbye's and that is about it. Kind of bored. Might re-stow the forward head, as it is piled with stuff and if the door springs open, it will all come tumbling out. And I was looking for something today, and found half of one storage area bare. I overlooked it. Could have put a LOT of stuff in there, but moved some loose things into it, so it will serve a bit. Wes wrote the other day that my knotmeter was not broken. I just had so much stuff aboard (cleaned that up for the public) that I was just going too slow to make it spin.
Going to walk up to the restaurant and have another hamburger, and see what beer is $1 tonight.
The plan is to depart Saturday morning. Hooked up half my 110 v shore power last night and have the microwave or the water heater working, but have to switch it to the other buss to get the battery charger fired up. Will do that tonight. Cannot let the batteries die on me. So, that is the latest from Norfolk Va.
Just killing time.

No comments:

Post a Comment