The Listing Photo

The Listing Photo

Monday, November 2, 2009

Enroute to Norfolk

Well, I departed Baltimore today, with some - reluctance isn’t the right word, but I hesitated and procrastinated a bit. But finally got away, with Ken’s help with the lines, and after fueling up, it was probably about 1 or 2pm. What did I forget to buy? To do? To bring along? Over and over, it played thru my mind. Well, for one thing, I forgot to clean the wheel that spins to tell me how fast thru the water I am going. Will have to do that tomorrow. Goodbye Baltimore. I don’t think that departing Norfolk, into the Atlantic will cause the same hesitancy. I am READY to get this thing going.
Baltimore:
The Bay Bridge one last time.

I am enroute to Norfolk, on an all nighter. GPS says I will be there about 10am. Will give me plenty of daylight to look around for a decent place to anchor, as well a fuel dock to top the tank off. Dragging the dink behind me. Will put her on deck when I get to an anchorage.Ate leftover fried chicken from Weis Market and leftover breakfast sausage from Whole Foods, and it kept falling out of the bread, so I ate a few off the cockpit floor. Made coffee and think that I will get used to this.. Better not say much more until I hit some waves.
It is 10pm, and a beautiful night, and the moon is full and shining down into the cockpit. Tried a non-flash picture while standing on the 'back porch'. Not much wind, so smooth going, (It will be much different in the Atlantic.) I am very lucky to be here tonight. Embarking on my last adventure. What a wonderful life I have had.

Listening now to my favorite songs: Celine and Frank singing. Satchmo - What a Wonderful World. Willy doing Over the Rainbow. Natalie singing with her dad. Patsy singing Crazy. Brings back great memories, melancholy feelings, and I feel a bit alone. Makes me want to call Anne-Marie. But this is my life, I guess. We shall see what I have to say in about 2 weeks, when, God willing, 1400 miles safely pass under the keel, and I pull into Phillipsburg, St. Maarten. Dink over to the bar where Heini’s are cheap, because they come in smaller bottles, That was a good joke on Paul, last year. Wifi up and send a message out with details of the trip. Yup, we’ll see what I have to say then. (Oh, God. Have I made a mistake?!? Sold the house. The cars. Oh dear, what have I DONE?) I think I am going to love it!
One more entry before I depart. Enough for tonight. God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment