The Listing Photo

The Listing Photo

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Rosemary Departs

Well, I am just back from the airport, dropping off Rosemary for her 3 hour wait before her flight departs. Sure hope she had a good time. Took a lot of courage to come down for this visit, and only sorry that her lasik surgery just prior to the vacation prevented her from ever getting out to the reef for a snorkel.
Was great fun for me to have my first guest, and I got to do some things that I had been holding off until I had someone to do them with like the zip line and the dolphin encounter. THAT was great and I think I am going to return for their program called "Dolphin Trainer for a Day" and spend 8 hours with them.
It was an incredible experience for me - one that I had been looking forward to since a missed opportunity back in '73 or '74. I had been befriended by a man who did research on the bends and narcosis for the US Navy, and he offered to take me down to the tank at the beach in Wilmington, NC where he did his research. It never happened and I have dreamed of it ever since. Rosemary has missed the rains. We have had a couple showers this week, but mostly the 85 degree sunny weather that is so pleasant to me. High winds yesterday caused the snorkel with the dolphins to be cancelled, but this morning, we awoke to a bright sunny sky and warm temps. Now an afternoon shower has settled in, and perhaps will mess the the cruisers pot luck at 4pm.

I am so glad that she came and hope she had a good visit - guess you folks back home who have looked in here to read her posts will find out the truth! - and I am now looking for my 3 days with Denise and Erik, in about a week.
Life is good!!



No comments:

Post a Comment