The Listing Photo

The Listing Photo

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Snorkel Pics

Just in from the resort bar, where I watched the Garifuna dancers with some other cruisers. After seeing this show almost weekly for 5 months now, I think it was the best performance they have ever done, and I enjoyed it a lot.
Checking email when I returned to AF, I found one from Erik, with pictures of our snorkelling on Thursday. Erik and Denise spent some $$ to buy an underwater disposable camera. The weather was so variable while they were here that when Erik and I went out Thursday, he used up all the film, when it turned out the water was crystal clear on Friday. So we never got pics of the "Denise Fish" as he called her. So here are 4 that he sent me from the roll. He really like the little yellow fish with the black dot and called my attention to them several times, while I like another one that I remember from Finding Nemo. The day was overcast and the colors are not nearly as brilliant without sunlight beaming down.
On Friday, we saw 2 squid, which was pretty cool. My buddy Skip was throwing dishwater over board this morning from his boat, and scared a squid hanging out on his anchor line. It inked and swam away, but later, we saw it had returned.
Erik posing.

Perhaps the best angle to take a picture of UD.
The other email waiting was a fraud alert from Chase credit card, so there is a long and exasperating phone call in my immediate future.
I have decorated the boat with lights and will try to get a picture to post here. Christmas comes and the cruisers are already planning a dinner for Christmas day. I have volunteered to play Christmas carols on the piano - my keyboard - while they eat so have been practicing for a week. These old fingers just don't work so well anymore.



No comments:

Post a Comment