The Listing Photo

The Listing Photo

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year's to all

Sitting on the boat, enjoying not very good internet connection, high winds, choppy seas, for my New Year's party, alone, of course. Is my life that I have chosen, so that is OK.
Took a few minutes to map out the trip on Google Earth, for those who care:
This morning was startled by a knock on the boat early, and was a Frenchman with dink engine troubles, so I towed him into the Lagoon. Returned, to get my shoes and wallet, and was followed by an American who wanted directions to the Customs, and I led the way to the Customs Immigration office here. Then took Jean and Josiane into shore from their boat on mooring, for the ride to the airport. Rained off and on all day, but the wind has been a steady 19 knots -gusting to 25. Great. And the clouds are winter grey, and ugly. Where is Paradise? This is too much like St George's Bay!

Saw the American later at shore with his 2 kids, and he asked me if I was in Baltimore last year. He remembers me from Inner Harbor East Marina. What a small world.

So, will have a quiet, I hope, night here. My love and Happy New Year's to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment